I’m turning 35 in exactly one month and I’m kind of freaking out. I’m not sure why, but I am.
I don’t remember freaking out this much about turning 30. Trust me, I’m thankful for each day, but it’s something about 35 that makes me go ahh! I wonder if this is my mid-life crisis or will I have another meltdown at 40?
For some reason, even though I’ve been married nearly a decade and have real bills, a child, etc. I think 35 signifies you’re grown for real. It’s like you’re settling into life and the next phase of it.
Here are just a few of my thoughts on turning 35. I would love to hear yours in the comment section.
- Holy crap, I’m almost 40! Like, for real I’m stuck right in the middle of 30 and 40. I STILL remember my college days very clearly, so in my mind, I’m all of 21.
2. Broke. I’m still broke. I didn’t expect to be a millionaire or anything, but money comes in and goes right out! Freakin’ bills!
3. I finally know what I want to do with my life, sorta. It only took me 10 years to figure out, but I’m getting there. However, the wind may blow and something else may catch my interest.
4. Another baby or nah? According to science, 35 is like last straw. You’re drying up. Washed out. Hollow. Decisions, decisions.
5. I’ve reached “get off my lawn” status. I complain about “the young folks” and their choices in music and fashion. Where did the hip chick go?
6. Losing weight really does gets harder the older you get. Tears. Real tears.
7. Should I start shopping for wrinkle cream? I feel like I just left the acne aisle.
8. Going to bed after 10 p.m. will ruin your whole week. I’m. So. Tired.
10. What are these random aches and pains? Maybe I should buy stock in ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
Please ease my anxiety and tell me I’m not the only one who feels some way about turning 35. Comment below.